Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests and employees. Here are the measures we are taking.
• All parties are seated at least six feet away from each other.
• When required by the Montpelier, Oakes & Evelyn will operate at limited capacity.
• Our staff practices social distancing in all areas of the restaurant. They arrive at work at staggered start times.
• Oakes & Evelyn employees are required to wear face masks at all times and to frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
What guests can expect
• Guests must wear masks in O&E, except when they are eating and drinking. Personal protective equipment such as masks, hand sanitizer and gloves will be available for guests upon request.
• For the safety of everyone, guests who are exhibiting signs of illness or have been exposed to someone with COVID will be asked to reschedule their reservation.
Oakes& Evelyn adheres to a strict cleaning and sanitizing regimen, including:
• In the kitchen: Chef Dain and his staff constantly and obsessively clean and sanitize the kitchen throughout the night, using a five-step process after every task.
• In the dining room: The vast majority of the tables are used by just one party per night. In the rare instance in which a table is used again, the table and chairs are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between reservations.
• In the bathrooms: Each O&E bathroom is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
• Throughout the restaurant: Each night after O&E closes, the entire restaurant is deep cleaned by a team of professional cleaners.
Food Safety Training
Oakes & Evelyn’s staff certifications include:
• Chef Justin and Chef Amanda are HACCP-certified.
• O&E’s management team is allergen-certified and each has their food safety manager certification.
• All O&E employees are state-certified in food handling.
• All front of house staff members are BASSET certified.
• All employees receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more specific training for each position.
• Staff members’ temperatures are taken every day before they begin work. They also answer health screening questions.
• Employees who arrive to work feeling ill or showing any signs of illness are sent home. In order for an employee to return to work, they need to abide by the CDC’s Return to Work Criteria.
• O&E asks our guests to respect the Montpelier's travel restrictions, which direct travelers from certain states to quarantine for 14 days after entering the city.