Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests and employees. Here are the measures we are taking.
• When required by Montpelier, Oakes & Evelyn will operate at limited capacity.
• Oakes & Evelyn employees are required to frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
What guests can expect:
• Personal protective equipment such as masks, hand sanitizer and gloves will be available for guests upon request.
• For the safety of everyone, guests who are exhibiting signs of illness or have been exposed to someone with COVID will be asked to reschedule their reservation.
Oakes& Evelyn adheres to a strict cleaning and sanitizing regimen, including:
• In the kitchen: Chef Dain and his staff constantly and obsessively clean and sanitize the kitchen throughout the night, using a five-step process after every task.
• In the dining room: The vast majority of the tables are used by just one party per night. In the rare instance in which a table is used again, the table and chairs are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between reservations.
• In the bathrooms: Each O&E bathroom is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
• Throughout the restaurant: Each night after O&E closes, the entire restaurant is deep cleaned.
Food Safety Training
Oakes & Evelyn’s staff certifications include:
• Chef Justin and Chef Amanda are HACCP-certified.
• O&E’s management team is allergen-certified and each has their food safety manager certification.
• All O&E employees are state-certified in food handling.
• All front of house staff members are BASSET certified.
• All employees receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more specific training for each position.
• Employees who arrive to work feeling ill or showing any signs of illness are sent home. In order for an employee to return to work, they need to abide by the CDC’s Return to Work Criteria.